Friday, October 26, 2007

Foundation: Make up is important

Compact powder vs. Loose powder
I also discover that compact powder works better than loose powder. Loose powder becomes cake-ish after awhile but compact powder blends into the liquid foundation. L’Oreal’s blendable makeup is really blendable.

Liquid foundation vs. Powder foundation
I prefer the liquid foundation as it last longer than the powder ones, which means you do not need to keep touching up (especially if you are lazy like me and don’t want to carry makeup in your bag because too heavy). However you will need to apply compact powder over the liquid foundation for the lasting effect, liquid foundation alone will not do. But if you are lazier than me – then just get the compact foundation.

Why is it important to put on makeup?
It is reported that children respond better to childcare teachers who put on make up than those who don’t. Personally, I feel that this could be a good reason. However more importantly, putting on makeup will help prevent dust and dirt from getting into your pores and clog it. I don’t put on heavy makeup; actually I only know how to put foundation, blusher and bronzer – that’s all. Wahaha. Oh… but you need to have a good makeup remover (Link to the Fancl blog), if not, your pores would also get clogged with makeup retained in your skin.
Unless you have good genes that results in good skin or maintains a good and healthy lifestyle that causes glowing complexion – you will need makeup to cover up.

Why do I think you need to spend money on good foundations and just buy cheap blusher and eye-shadow?
If your foundation sucks, whatever goes on it will suck as well. Good foundation makes it easy for you to apply the other makeup on top of it and holds them for long as well. If you cover your whole face with cheap foundation then you need to spend a lot of money to repair your damaged skin in the future. If you have budget issue, I suggest that you get a good foundation, and other things such as blusher, get cheap ones – my logic: since it is on your foundation, and it does not directly touch your skin, so it doesn’t matter (foundation is like a middle man).