Monday, October 29, 2007

Repented (Chapter 1)

I was on my way home today around 9.30pm, I was stopped to do survey by 2 Christians. I told them that I'm Christian but they still insist that I do the survey. So being gentle and kind I thought, "How can I reject fellow Christians like how I reject those always-hanging-around-doby-ghaut-mrt-insurance-agents" - so I did the survey. The questions were regarding the Christian faith and I just answered accordingly. As I was going on to the last 2 questions, I realised that I don't know how to answer them because the questions were weird. Then I told one of them I did not understand the questions and couldn't answer.

Then they began asking me why I couldn't answer those questions and began to share to me another gospel doctrine that I have never heard before in my entire life. I have heard several weird versions of the gospel before but this is new. At that moment I was like "should I just walk away" or "should I stay to hear what they have to say"?

Then I thought, since I've been in church for 10 years already, I have been through many sermons and teachings, I've experienced God in many ways and was personally shepherded by God through many occasions, my 'spiritual sieve' should be able to sieve out the wrong doctrines. So I decided to stay, though throughout I prayed for my mind to be spiritually alert. I'm not saying that because I'm a Christian for that long then I won't be influenced so I stayed to listen. Our spiritual maturity is not determined by how long since we first say the sinner's prayer, or by how many years we have attended church, or how many sermons we have heard. I bet you know 40 years olds that behaves like 14 right? Anyways, I accounted the incident to Shirley shortly after.