I started my temporary job at Mapletree in July and I’m ending this job next Friday - I have already worked there for four months plus le. From July till late September I never really looked for a permanent job even though I consistently get nagging from people because I thought even if I managed to get a permanent job, the company will have to wait till my temporary job contract to end in end October then can hire me – so a bit no point in hurrying. So I just ‘float’ around until September lor.
Then funnily, on the first week of October, I started to feel anxious to get a permanent job. If I can’t find a job before my temporary job ends then how? I also dunno how :( However, I have something to fall back on – Mapletree extended my contract for another 6 months. Even so, I would like to get a permanent job because it would pay better and I’ll feel more secure to venture out to do more things, other then worrying about money issues.
Then funnily, on the first week of October, I started to feel anxious to get a permanent job. If I can’t find a job before my temporary job ends then how? I also dunno how :( However, I have something to fall back on – Mapletree extended my contract for another 6 months. Even so, I would like to get a permanent job because it would pay better and I’ll feel more secure to venture out to do more things, other then worrying about money issues.
*****
I never really told anyone about what kind of job I wanted – Firstly, because I have no idea exactly what kind of job to go for, so it’s very tiring of trying to explain the kind of job I might like. Secondly, I feel insecure sharing to others what I really wanted because people will always make judgment according to the degree that I hold and determine (for me) if I can get the job. I don’t really need discouraging comments so I never say.
I have a rough idea of what kind of job I wanted. I wanted a government job because I thought that it would be good to be able to serve the community – like that work got more meaning mah. (Ok… I know got other jobs also can have meaning, but in my impression, I can only think of government job la.) But I know people will tell me that with my kind of degree, CMI la – so I don’t dare to say lor, later more discouraged by others’ responses only. Aiya, actually I feel that whatever job I said I wanted to do sure got people tell me I dunno how to choose job properly. I know my strength is in managing, administrating and organizing – but I have no idea what job needs these, but I would like to work within my strength.
*****