Several minutes after reading the passage, I received an sms from Jinqi informing me of a job vacancy at her work place. I was very excited – because the job description is exactly what I wanted – government job, managing job… so I told God there and then to give me the job. About two days later, I submitted my first and one and only resume and I waited nervously for them to get back to me.
Then about two or three days later, before the online job application closed, I was informed to go for a short chat at the office – it was to help me understand clearly what the job was about. So funny right – short chat?! I later realized the reason behind was that many job applicants went for interview without proper understanding of the JD, therefore a lot of time was wasted on the interview sessions and also hiring of wrong people.
I went to the office the following day. The meeting went really well. It was suppose to last for about an hour, but in the end it lasted almost two hours. During the meeting, I met up with three important people and was ‘interviewed’ by them – all impromptu. The last question that shocked me was “What is your value in life?”
One of the ‘interviewer’, whom happened to be the most important one of the three, ended the session by saying, “Ok… you starting work tomorrow?” – I was like ‘whoa’ does this mean my chances are high?