As they kept sharing, the sermon that Pastor Ben preached on "Myths, Truth and the Clueless" - 1 Tim 1:1-7, came to my mind.Point 1: Recognizing the authority of apostolic teachingPoint 2: Oppose false teachingsPoint 3: Emphasis the purpose of sound teaching Thank you Pastor Ben!!!
It was during this incident that these 3 points came alive. I recognised the authority of apostolic teaching. I remember that anything we hear but was never mentioned by the apostles were erroneous. Their interpretation of the bible was way off – especially it being a major doctrine – even more jialat. Their interpretation was never close to what the apostles taught; actually the apostles never even mentioned about it. During their sharing, I kept asking myself, “where in the world did the bible mentioned those things?”
The more they share, the more questions I asked and the more sincere they think I am in finding out about their version. But I was not interested the way they thought I was. Actually, towards the end of their sharing, I almost wanted to cry. I’m like “God, what is this?” – They are sincere people yet sincerely wrong. At that moment, I repented.