Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Closure week

Closure week
This week is actually my closure week. I will put an end to my youth ministry and an end to my life of ‘no need to worry about money’.

My ministry in youth will end soon. But I’m not feeling sad or anything. Anyway, I have accomplished what I planned to do, no regrets. In February this year, Pastor John from Australia prophesied that God will give me a good team. At that time, I didn’t know that there will be some restructuring, I it didn’t come across my mind what the prophecy meant, I thought it was referring to my current team. After that in early April, we had one restructuring and another one in June – then I realized that God really gave me a good team. God gave me a good team of ULs and CLs that enabled me to accomplish what I wanted to in North. Thank you, Jesus.

Holiday week
Next week is my holiday week. I’ll be in Thailand (Bangkok + Phuket). 4 days of shopping, eating and relaxing & 3 days of LC. Perfect timing – to have a break between the ending and the beginning.

A new beginning
Now I need to work and earn a living… Eeee, sound so old… yucks. And before I even start working, already there are people hounding after my pay. Though I’m quite excited to get my first pay, but I’m even more excited to start work. Oh ya, minus off CPF… hiya, there goes my 20%. Tithing – 10%. Student loan – 30%. Parents – 10%. See I do not have much left for myself – aiyo, now then I realized I’m left with… But having earning and spending power also means more power for negotiation and to do what I like without getting nagged at. YEA.

Currently, I’m excited at what I will be doing in my new pastoral ministry, church ministry and job. I have some plans in mind already. I know what I want to do.

In my Christian walk, whatever that I desire to do and have for God’s purpose, God always give them to me at His own timing.

As a young shepherd, I desire to be able to teach like my shepherd – I was so amazed that she was able to use anything in sight to give an illustration to help me understand God’s word. I just kept this desire and God developed me in this area. I am able to explain the word of God or bring across understanding in simple ways.

I remember when I was leading North A, I told my core team that whenever I desire something biblical God will give it to me at His right timing. So I told them to note down that I wanted to be able to be word-centered in how I do my ministry and how I lived my life. I want to be able to apply God’s word in my life and give explanations of how I choose to do ministry based on the word. [At that time, I felt that I knew how to do ministry the usual way but it should be more guided by the word then by my experiences] I told them that when these come to pass, I’ll tell them that “see, I told you so”.

“See, I told you so”

I know that whatever that I want to do for God; He will enable me at His own timing. I believe that God takes His time to develop me to be able to carry out certain tasks and to take up certain responsibilities but He is never late.