Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Repented (Chapter 2)

They shared to me very sincerely about their version of the gospel and they used bible verses (genuinely NIV) to support what they said. However, I belief any Hope members will be able to spot that they were interpreting the bible wrongly - I'm serious. At some points in their sharing I was like "huh?!". During the conversation, I was not being defensive but rather concerned about their sharing, so I did not purposely spot mistakes and 'bang' back. So there were many times that I posted them questions when I feel "huh?!", but 100% of the time they could not give me a clear explanation and I went "HUH?!" even louder - in my heart though. There were some questions that they do not even have an answer to offer. I'll not share the conversation here, but one thing that I'll share here about what we discussed and it is definately wrong in their doctrine which will jeopardise their salvation is that they mentioned that Jesus' death on the cross is not enough for salvation.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Jesus paid for the sins of the world through his death on the cross; all the punishment of sins are nailed together with Him on the cross, so that those who acknowledge His work on the cross will be saved through Him. Jesus said, "It is finished" (John 19:30).

John 3:16 (MSG): This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.

John 3:16 (NLT): For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16 (NIV): For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.