Though the following seem like my learnings from the Bible, I have included the thoughts that sprung up from the recent happenings in my life. You do not need to know what happened. I just hope that you take something away after spending 5 minutes of your time on this post.
Personal Remedy
(Galatians 2:5) How strong are you to 'not give in' to the lies you tell yourself? Sometimes when 'the need to obey God' makes no sense to you, how to deal with the urge to sin? This is a vicious cycle that will keep us bonded when we do not have a personal remedy for it.Live Like A Datin
(Galatians 2:6) Paul never meant for this to be viewed negatively.
Seriously... do you really think that people with title has 'it'? I personally think that we give respect to whom we want to give. In this age and time, people don't give a hoot about who you are, or consider you, until you have contributed something positive in their lives. You can be a pastor and there are people planning to spit in your face someday.
Your title tells me what you are suppose to do and your key performance indicators. To get my minimum respect, do your job and get results. You can be appointed over me, but you don't rule over me - isn't that a great new for me. I choose who I want to submit to (and it may not be you).
How others choose to live their lives, cannot affect how I want to live mine - the same goes for you, the one reading my post. Stop thinking that you have no choice because someone else's action is affecting you. Though their selections and decisions may irritate you; just let it stop there - don't let the itch develop. I choose not to be affected.
Yes, you may be forced to do what you do not like because of the one that is 'ruling over' you - God is the ultimate boss & you think He can't do something about it if He wants to?
Sometimes, I myself don't feel 'it' even though I am given the titles. I am rather proud of my achievements than my titles. Though people may call me Datin, but do I live like one - sadly no.
Play Politics
(Galatians 2:9) How to get people's approval? When they recognize that God is with you. But sometimes, you must understand that people's approval is not necessary for you to continue to do what God has called you to do. However, having the right people's approval do bring you to places faster. Politics - Yes, it is & I believe we all should know how to play it to our advantage. People who claim that they are not playing politics, are in fact playing it - playing it well too. They are just not admitting that it is good to play the good guy.