Though the following seem like my learnings from the Bible, I have included the thoughts that sprung up from the recent happenings in my life. You do not need to know what happened. I just hope that you take something away after spending 5 minutes of your time on this post.
Get Personal
(Galatians 1:1) Remember who you are working for "sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father..." We need to know exactly why we are doing what we want (need) to do/are doing in order to keep on the right track. This reason has to be a personal one and not adopted. Even when what we are doing is worthwhile, we may still lose the purpose of doing it when we have been doing it for the longest time. Sometimes, a "calling" is not even sufficient enough to justify what you need to sacrifice.I think this is the same for marriage. When we have been in it for the longest time, and when things settle in auto-mode - what's next?
Be Balanced
(Galatians 1:6-9)
"deserting the one" - Why did they desert the One?
"turning to a different gospel" - Can't they differentiate right and wrong?
"throwing you into confusion" - Why are some people easily confused?
"pervert the gospel of Christ" - Why do some people want to tell another story?
Can you tell what is not of God? Can you find the wrong bits in the theory mass, like finding 'Wally' in the crowd? I know it is one thing to identify what is wrong and another to avoiding it after detection, but my question is how sensitive are you to even coming close to identifying what's not right in the first place - especially if it is coming from you.
I think it is not an art but a gift to be able to be balance - not bias that is. I think that the ability to determine what is right and wrong, good or bad, beneficial or harmful, in an objective manner, defers from person to person. That is why, though we are given the same kind of information to enable us to live a fulfilled life, we do not all end up successful because of the way we decipher the knowledge. My understanding becomes my lifestyle.
There are some people I know whose theories can be easily overthrown and each time they share it I will ask myself "Can't they adopt the right thinking process?". Some people are always genuine wrong - that's why they are always courting problems - THIS is the law of attraction. So can these people start analyzing in the right manner? I would like to learn how to attain a higher-level thought process?
There is a saying that everything is subjective. I beg to differ. I believe that the truth is objective. The result of following God's leading is always good - this is objective.
We usually think we are right until someone proves us wrong - duh!. So when does it stop? When will we attain the ultimate right answer if the truth is objective.
Stop Dreaming
(Galatians 1:15-16) It is special to know that you are 'set apart'. However, please be concise as to for whom are you set apart for and for what purpose. Don't generalize. People like to feel special, but we are 'set apart' for action, not for feeling. Please come out of your fantasy world and stop fantasizing as a superhero - live like one.
Do What Is Necessary
(Galatians 1:21-24) Many times, we try to prove to people we are God's chosen one. Paul simply helped people to know God. God helped Paul to get the credibility he needs to do God's work.