Intro to my part-time job
From 5th July on, I'll be starting my part-time job as a full-time admin stuff at Mapletree Investment.. haha.. My working hours are like 8.30am - 6.30pm from Monday - Thursday & I end slightly earlier on Friday at 5.30pm.
This is my first step into the working world.. *sob*..
Ok, don't ask me how much I'm getting, it is a part-time job, so I get paid what part-timers get paid per hour.. anyway, don't bother discussing the salary issue with me.. cause that is totally not my concern at all.. but thanks for your concern..
Anyway, I've been in such a relax mood for the past 1 month since my final papers ended at the end of May, I wonder if I can keep up with the daily 'waking up early' + 'ministry after work' kinda lifestyle.. so I decided to go swimming to build stamina.. whahaa..
The last time I swam was before the exams period.. haha.. so long ago..
My swimming experience
Anyways, the swimming pool was slightly crowded.. I felt as though I'm trying to cross the road at a traffic junction or sort. I must always observe if there is anyone coming in my direction and change lane in order not to collide.. Then when there is someone swimming much slower in front of me, I need to change land again to move forward faster, while making sure that as I change lane I don't knock into someone who is swimming behind me who happened to be using that lane.. whahaa..
Yep.. nothing much happened during the swim.. then decided to leave when I'm tired.. so went to bath and change..
As I was walking to the locker to collect my stuff.. I felt like vomitting.. oh man.. though this time round it has nothing to do with NYNY.. It felt like the day when we had captain's ball match during the camp games, run like 'siao' then after that feel like vomitting. So went to the toilet but nothing came out.. fine.. so went to bath..
Then, I became giddy and very giddy.. cannot raise my head.. a little movement makes me sick.. sometimes my vision was a bit bright/blur... I took about half and hour or so to bath.. It felt like when I had fever and no energy to bath kinda experience.. but in the end I still make it out of the bathroom.. hahah..
The kopitiam incident
Oh.. I forgot to mention, I went with my sister. Moving on.. we took a bus home and walked to a kopitiam near our house to get dinner.. as we walked into the kopitiam, we heard one 50++ man shouting vulgarities like nobody's business.. shout so loud some more.. at one woman, about the same age, who was sitting with a group of friends..
Suddenly I heard a voice within me said, "Sounds familiar?!".. whahaa.. laugh until 'pengz' within..
I don't know what both of them were quarrelling about.. but the man became more and more angry.. then suddenly he took up a beer bottle and smash against the wall.. I think he felt very 'shiok', cause he smash another 2 more..
My sister and I were choosing our dinner when the smashing of beer bottles happened.. we were - maybe - 4 tables away? When he smashed the first bottle, I stood there watching.. but when he smashed the 2nd one, the broken pieces flew really far, and we walked further away quickly just before he smashed the last bottle.
My sister was so pissed with the man being so rude to a woman.. seriously I have no idea why she was pissed at that.. cause both the man and woman were like in a drunken state and both were quarrelling.. -_-? The customers at the kopitiam just sat at their table, continue eating while watching the drama mama that is going on.. nobody dare to do anything.. but I guess in the end someone did, cause the police from the neighbourhood police post across the street came shortly after the bottles were smashed.
I think everyone was glad that the police came.. because they can settle the saga.. it was about 8pm then.. then my sister said that police post usually closes at 8pm.. haha.. poor policemen must OT.
Tomorrow
Anyway, these are today's interesting happenings. Tomorrow I'll be going polyclinic to get my ears checked and cleaned, cause I feel that I'm becoming deaf. Maybe will ask for some throat medicine too cause I still sound 'out-of-tune' since camp - which is very bad. Will be cutting my hair too - no need to expect new style, I'm too lazy to do hair-maintenance daily - probably a shorter and neater version of current hairstyle. Then perhaps will drop by ikea to look see look see.. Maybe, most likely, go swimming again.. hahah.. yeah!!!
New book
Bought a new book. Max Lucado's A Love Worth Giving. Wanted to buy another of his book - Facing your giants; perhaps next time :) I haven really got the time to start reading it, I'll do it tomorrow!! I'm very excited about buying and reading new books :)