I’m like so new in everything (I just confirmed that I’m working in the Asset Management Department) that the Admin Executive, Joo Ai, has to guide me step by step and I feel so bad, like I’m wasting her time. Anyway, she is a very cute person. On her desk pin-board, she pinned up pictures for Jonathan (Singapore-idol), Show Luo Zhi Xiang and some other cute guy celebrities… by the way, she is married with kids le… Her voice very gentle but can tell she quite havoc kinda person; meaning very gung-ho for fun things one… This morning she was amazed that I wore colored lens and she shared that she also wears them in the past.
Anyways, something cool to share… You know the drinks dispenser, the one where you see in hospitals and each cup costs about 50 cents… Can dispense like coke, coffee, milo – with ice or no ice… you know? Ya la, that one la… haha… my office also has… but it’s FREE... just press and no need to pay… whahaha… yesterday got nothing to do, so went to check out the pantry and discovered free la…
Yesterday was my 3rd day working; LC invited me for lunch again – together with Deana. I lunched with them both on the 1st day as well. Both of them are Christians from both different churches, around 50+ years old… they said they were near retirement age so I guess it’s around here ba.
Anyways, during lunch, both of them started talking about spiritual things. LC is going to start attending a bible study course tonight at her church; it is a bible study that’ll last for 7 years… wah seh… I like so impressed at her desire to learn the word of God.
Deana attended her cell group gathering yesterday night, and she told me in the afternoon that her pastor just came back from a 9 years mission trip to Russia and she adopted a Russian orphan, who is around 25 years old now. She is currently looking for a part-time job and to learn English as well. She said her pastor is 40+. So cool yea!! Some spiritual talks during office hours.
Yesterday was kinda boring at work. Nothing much to do after lunch hour. Sat in the office from 3pm – 6.30pm, planning for group – sending emails to leaders to ‘get-things-done-‘ in their group. So free until can call David and ask him about his stats.
Now, I’m trying to find things to do and wait for people to approach me with work to do… but half-an-hour le… still no have… There is no internet access for the temp-staff com… haiya… see you later [End: 10:06am] [Start: 11:24pm] At 9.45pm, finally, got work to do!! Linda, the HarbourFront Centre Manager IC, asked me to verify some worked done yesterday. Walked up and down 12th and 13th floor three times, to find, verify and print information. No lift suitable for use. Have to walk down long passage ways and up escalators. Then after that, become ‘postman’, cleared managers trays for ‘out’ documents and put them in ‘in’ trays of others. Walked up and down 12th and 13th floor, twice… because ‘boh-doh’ me… left the COO’s document in wrong person’s tray… Went down from 13th floor to 12th floor, back to 13th floor – haha... on my way up, took photo of nice view from 12th floor of Vivocity top view. Worked for the past 1 hour 40 minutes. [End: 11:32am]