Wednesday, July 04, 2007

ART of Harvesting 1

Acts 2:42-4742
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

I decided to read this verse while waiting for the consulation.

I was planning what to teach in this Saturday's ART of Harvesting meeting.
The first session is Attract & Attach. It is about how to attract pre-believers through first time contact or through community interaction (CG) and attach them to the CG.

Then as I was reading this verse, I decided to teach about 'Community Evangelism' - What kind of school communities attract pre-believers to want to know God.

I realised that the believers were this.. this.. this.. then the Lord added to them.. hmm.. North girls came to my mind.. they have regular fellowship, they love one another in the cg and the Lord added to their number.

The North brothers are also building committed and encouraging communities in their groups. They meet in the mornings before school for prayer and QT, they do outreach together after schools. We have seen 1 weekday convert from last week.. and this is only the beginning!! The convert is a friend of our half-German, half-Indonesian member, David Sentosa.
From some things that he shared, I sense that the brothers in Sherman's new cg are maturing and many great things will start to take place in this group as the people grow. Ministry growth results from our spiritual growth.

Ok.. I'm so excited for this Saturday's meeting.. cause I'll be meeting everyone.. including all the new believers.. everyone will learn how they can contribute to building a biblical and attractive communities in their schools.. and all of them will be trained specifically on how they can be a harvester in their specific roles - we need workers at different levels, doing different things but together in the same direction, achieving the same goal.

Ok.. so if you read this post.. please pass this message on:

ART of Harvesting I
4pm - 6pm
Istana Park