Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hit on the spot

Jeremiah 17:7-8


7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,whose confidence is in him.
8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."


Those who trust in the Lord will be blessed, do not fear, have no worries and will be fruitful.



Whatever I need to hear, God spoke. Through His Word, through His people.



I was talking to Zixin on the phone for about 2 hours.. ok, to be exact 1hr 48mins ++.. haha.. then I remembered something that God told me before..



I used to think that all desires, visions, convictions, strategies, plans, ideas, dreams, passion, compassion that I have for God's ministry was self-inspired and then i thought "whoa.. not bad ah, I'm quite spiritual.. am interested to do spiritual work".


However, to think of it again, if God didn't open up my spiritual senses to understand His ways, would I be such a sincere person that will think that giving my all to Jesus was a good idea and do so? Give up things in my life to serve people? Choose to do things that I naturally struggle to or choose not to do the things that I would prefer? I don't think I'm that self-less (but i think comparing to the general public, I'm above average.. wahaha..)


So I was humbled that day when i realised that it was God all along who gave me the convictions, the ideas and strategies, the passion and compassion... not because I was a naturally good-natured person who decided myself that serving God is the best thing to do. Anyway if God didn't reach out to me in the first place, I wouldn't even experience life in God..


I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about here.. anyway, it's 4am and I'm a bit lazy to phrase it in the Queen's English version..


Anyways, I know that I am doing what I am doing now is because of a passion inspired by Him (and it's a growing conviction too), if not, how can I last 10 years? But for the next 50 years of my life (if I'm gonna live that long), I pray that God continually bring convictions into my heart, compassion for people who haven have a relationship with Him or live as though they don't, passion for His will to be done...so that I can continually live a life that is pleasing to Him and fruitful and purposeful